ABOUT THE SOCIETY
Who we are:
The Society is a non-profit organization of Bulgarian scholars with specialized interests in English languages and linguistics, literatures in English, cultures of English-speaking peoples, translation and comparative studies, ELT, and other related areas.
- to promote and coordinate research in English languages and linguistics, literatures in English, cultures of English-speaking peoples, translation and comparative studies, ELT, and other related areas;
- to foster research networks which will bring together educators, scholars and postgraduate students from diverse institutions in the country and facilitate intellectual cooperation;
- to advance the education of the Bulgarian public by promoting the study and understanding of English languages, literatures in English, and cultures of English-speaking peoples;
- to provide information about academic forums, research programmes, grants, relevant publications, and databases of scholarly resources.
To do this:
- we organize conferences and academic seminars;
- we hold discussions on set topics;
- we publish conference proceedings;
- we establish contacts and work jointly with other associations, research institutes, and experts from Bulgaria and other countries;
- we host guest lectures and social events promoting the Society’s and our members’ publications.