The 27th Annual Conference of the Polish Association for the Study of English
LANGUAGE, ART, LITERATURE: IN SEARCH OF IDENTITY
UNIVERSITY OF LODZ, 25-27 JUNE 2018
Proposals for twenty-minute papers are welcome on any aspect of the conference theme.
Thematic Sessions – Literature
- Body, Discourse, Language: Locations of Identity
- Self and/or Other – Othering and Otherness in Literary History
- Intersections of Religion and Identity in Anglophone Literatures
- Gender and Identity in Anglophone Literatures and Cultures
- Nation, Nationalism and National Identity – a Literary Perspective
- Identity in the Age of Posthumanism
Thematic Sessions – Linguistics
The Linguistics Sessions are meant to bring together various perspectives on language as a tool in identity creating, perpetuating, challenging or resisting. Potential topics include:
- Identity in and across sociolinguistic contexts and discourses
- Linguistic processes and strategies in identity construction and performance
- Categorization and identity
- Identity and multilingualism
- Identity and foreign language learning/teaching
- Discourse strategies of identity construction
- Positioning theory and identity
- Conversational settings and personal identity performance
- Communication and public management of self
- Narrative as a tool in identity construction and performance
- Identity and cognition
a. Time, space and identity maintenance
b. Memory and identity
c. Conceptualization of self and the other
d. Cognitive models of self
All abstracts (maximum of 300 words) must contain the title of the proposed paper, the name of the author and contact information (institutional affiliation, mailing address and email address).
Proposals for discussion panels on all subjects are also welcome; the Organizing Board will put together panels on hate speech, Irish studies and children’s literature, but we will also be happy to include other panel-format discussions in the conference programme.
Abstracts should be submitted by 28 February 2018.
More information: CFP